Five proven ways to generate homeowner leads (without having to spend a lot to do it).Jan 24, 2023
Our customers tell us time and time again how great vacation vouchers are for generating new leads. Particularly this time of year, when most of the US has been buffeted by cold weather for months and homeowners are dreaming of warmer climates.
And while the vouchers can provide a nice carrot to get someone to make a call to your company, lead generation starts by making sure that you are first seen. With today’s fragmented media landscape, it’s critical that homeowners see your offers in multiple places over time in order to stay top of mind and get them to call you when the need arises.
There are many different ways that home improvement companies can generate leads and attract new customers.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Use social media: Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest can be effective ways to reach potential customers and showcase your work. You can create a social media profile for your business and share pictures and updates about your projects, as well as engage with potential customers by answering their questions and responding to comments. The imagery of a warm tropical destination, a relaxing cruise or the adventure that comes from visiting a foreign country using a vacation voucher translates especially well through social media (as do testimonials from actual travelers who’ve made these trips already!).
2. Network with other professionals: Building relationships with other professionals in the home improvement industry, such as contractors, architects, and interior designers, can be a great way to generate leads. These professionals may be able to refer potential customers to your business or collaborate on projects.
3. Offer promotions and discounts: Offering promotions (like a vacation voucher) and discounts can be a good way to attract new customers and generate leads. For example, you could offer a discount on your services to first-time customers, or run a promotion that rewards customers who refer friends or family members to your business. We find that vacation vouchers not only make a great closing gift, but also are a good way to generate easy-to-close referrals as well!
4. Participate in local events: Attending local events, such as home and garden shows or community festivals, can be a good way to generate leads and meet potential customers. You can set up a booth or display to showcase your work and hand out flyers or business cards to people who express interest in your services. Destination Motivation offers customizable pop-up banners and displays for your company to use at home shows – ask your rep for more deetails.
5. Use online directories and review sites: Listing your business on online directories and review sites, such as Yelp and Angie’s List, can make it easier for potential customers to find your business. Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews, as this can help to attract new business.